Wednesday, February 22, 2012

San Ramon Selva

Arrived at the selva 3 days ago and today happens to be the day it rains alot. Anyways it is beautiful here and we have already gone to a waterfall that is close to where i live which is beautiful. i have taken a few pictures of the flowers already for u dad they are very interesting. Also i ate a mango today that was awesome. They just fall from the trees and i eat them. The clinic has been a good experience so far but sometimes there are no patients so there is a lot of down time. But overall having a great experience so far on service.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dana, I wish I could have some of those mango's! Eat some for me. :)

    Corine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana: Cool... I am glad you got some pictures of rain forest plants. I am growing about 50 plants in the sun room right now. Everything from Lillies to Tomatoes to Pumpkins... but mostly Dahlias. I know that it is too early too start plants that depend on direct sunlight. The Dahlias will be fine because I have bamboo stakes (4') high sticking out of the containers but a lot of the other plants (eg SunFlowers) will probably die before I can put them in the ground where they are more comfortable. I always start planting a little too early. I did some research on a popular retirement community in Equador this morning. I think I need to travel to your side of the equator every 6th months so that I can be free to grow plants all year around. I read that the cost of living in Equador for a North American retiree can be as low as $800.00 per month.

    Later Dad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana,
    Sounds like you are transitioning again. Are the bugs bad? Sounds like a pretty place. Is it hotter than Lima? Alisha said she doesnt have internet at home. Is that the same for you? Thanks for updating, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds cool dad and mom i kind of have internet its off and on. And it is hotter her but it rains a lot so then it is cooler. A lot of bugs i get bit up a lot even though i practically bathe myself in insect repelent

    ReplyDelete